I waited on posting anything about my official plans for the year as I was waiting to run the Miami Marathon. I didn't want to talk about what I had planned post marathon thinking that I would be jinxing it!
But first, I would just like to thank Ali and her various references to it, as I am not completely and utterly obsessed with this time suck called Bejeweled.
I downloaded this on Sunday in a semi hungover bored state and needing something to amuse me while I watched movies in bed all day...and I have subsequently lost hours of my life.
So right those goals and such for 2013!
Well obviously I can knock a big one off my list: run my first marathon! done and done.
But what else is in store...well this is a work in progress but I have a few main races that I will be looking to conquer/PR at...
- Allstate Life Insurance 13.1 New York - this is the race that 2 years ago got me hooked on distance and I am returning for the 3rd time and looking to sub 1:50! (current PR 1:53:14) I have my work cut out for me but I'm going for it
- More Fitness Women's Half Marathon - my sister is making her way up from Florida to run this and it will be my second year - I love this race, I love the atmosphere, the support on the course...it is a great time. I will be using this as a training run in part for...
- New Jersey Marathon - yup going back for another 26.2 - my goal for this race is to just beat my current marathon time of 4:33 and then I got a little crazy
- The Dirty German 50K - yup I am dipping my toes into Ultra territory shortly after the marathon...I am just looking to have fun and conquer a new distance - I mean it's "just" 5 extra miles, right?
- ING Hartford Marathon - this will be my attempt to get to 4 hours for the full...I improved a LOT in the fall after training in the summer heat and think that might be a recipe for success for me. I'm gunning for a kick ass race here...and funny enough an ING CT employee read my recap on Miami and emailed me suggesting Hartford just confirming that this was to be my fall goal marathon.
I think by having time goals for two separate races, the half in spring and the full in the fall - I will be able to train properly and succeed at both. I don't want kill myself and learned you can't always go all out. I know that yes I have marathons and an ultra on there - but I feel that I had so much more in Miami and the heat got the better of me that saying I want to PR it shouldn't take the life out of me. Plus you also get a nifty medal if you do that and the Allstate Half!! Extra bling, sign me up!
I think that this is going to be one awesomely crazy, kick ass year for running! Bring it on, I am SO excited!
What are your goal races? Do you plan your year out or just months at a time?